|Home||» Products||» Refractory Raw Materials||» Micro Silica|
Refmat Corporation provides Silica Fume also known as micro-silica. It is a by-product consisting of non-crystalline silicon dioxide with very high specific surface area. Also, it is known its high level of pozzolanic. Its use in concrete has shown great potential to improve the durability and mechanical properties. We use latest techniques to produce this product and ensure its quality as per the international norms.
Micro silica has high pozzolanic reactivity, which is due to the presence of very high specific surface area and non-crystalline silica. It is well known to elevate the mechanical properties of concrete, by decreasing the temperature effect, which is a common occurrence during the stage of cement hydration.
Micro Silica Features / Benefits
- It improves the concrete's workability and enhances the setting time (initial as well as final).
- It is very helpful in decreasing the concrete's total porosity, hence reducing the permeability.
- It also helps in the improvement various factors of concrete such as tensile strength, flexural strength, compressive strength and RHA.
- It heightens the concrete's long-term strength property as well as initial mechanical feature.
- It helps in capillary action, which results in the reduction of water penetration rate into the concrete. This is very advantageous in the improvement of concrete's resistance to sulphate attack.
Applications of Silica Fume or micro-silica
We can offer this product in bulk quantity with complete assurance of its purity and durable packaging. It has low chromium content, with the composition of silica oxide. It is widely demanded by foundries, steel plants, construction industry and others. This ultrafine powder is used as pellet binder and anti-caking agent. Although its main application is as the pozzolanic material for the high performance concrete; this amorphous polymorph of silicon dioxide, silica is also used in:
- Drilling industry
- Paint industry
- Refractory industry
- Rubber industry
- Water glass industry
|SPECIFICATION||GUARANTEE VALUE||TYPICAL VALUE||GUARANTEE VALUE||TYPICAL VALUE||GUARANTEE VALUE||TYPICAL VALUE||GUARANTEE VALUE||TYPICAL VALUE||GUARANTEE VALUE||TYPICAL VALUE|
|Al2O3 , %||≤1.0||0.79||≤1.0||0.89||≤1.5||1.2||--||--||--||--|
|Loss on Ignition (LOI), %||≤1.0||0.88||≤3.0||2.6||≤3.0||2.49||≤4.0||3.1||≤6.0||3.6|
|PH , %||4.5-6.5||5.5||4.5-7.5||6.1||4.5-7.5||6.6||4.5-8.5||7.48||0||7.77|
|Oversize percent retained on 45um(325 sieve), %||≤3.0||2.59||≤3.0||2.66||≤5.0||4.12||≤8.0||6.12||≤10.0||7.06|
|Moisture , %||≤1.0||0.63||≤2.0||1.58||≤2.5||2.33||≤3.0||2.45||≤3.0||2.79|